Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm Still Here!

Life has been a bit hectic with a demanding newborn.

My lovely husband bought me a gigantic box of Guylian last week. It looked so good but once we cracked them open and tried a few we came to the sad realization that they tasted HORRIBLE! They tasted cheap and oily, not like the usual Guylian I love.
So I could not bring myself to eat or throw them away and had a brainstorm.
I picked up a cheap cake mix when food shopping and chopped up all the chocolates and stirred them through the batter, hoping for the best.
Here is what resulted:



Mmmm so delicious! The photo does not do it justice, but I just had to walk away while I could still resist!

And today with the help of hubby we made some vegetable and cheese muffins.
Oh they are so light and fluffy and delicious!





Mmmm melt a bit of butter in the middle and there is a semi healthy snack. Much better than the cake I was drifting towards.
The recipe is so super easy, I will probably pop it up on here when I get some more time.....Cake is calling to me!!!

2 comments:

  1. those muffins look delicious! please post the recipe when you get a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!
    Those muffins look extremely delicious >.<
    And I commend you for upcycling those chocolates!
    Very creative of you :D

    ReplyDelete