Friday, December 2, 2011

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes...Vegan & Delicious!

This is yet another delicious recipe from my Kid's Cookbook.
I always noticed how odd the recipe was, the ingredients a little unusual.
I remember the first time I made it, I was quite young.
I wanted to bake, but we had no eggs.
This recipe saved the day.



When a lovely reader commented on a previous post and said they had the same book as me, and they mentioned this delicious recipe, I knew I had to make it.
In cupcakes of course!

So I gathered my ingredients, and my trusty kitchen assistant...



AKA Little Miss Taste Tester.
(And yes, her dress is inside out. It doesn't bother me, I am just glad she has clothes on at all)

Put everything in the bowl...



Doesn't look very appealing, does it?
We gave it a good whisk...



And voila!
The batter is goopy and runny....
But after being baked in the oven, they turn out perfect.



I pulled out a fresh one, still hot, and chucked it on a plate.
It needed some ice cream....



And some of the salted caramel sauce left from the big birthday cake...



Mmm....Oh yes, it was good!



Messy, delicious food.

So enough drooling over photos of mine, here's the recipe so you can make it yourself!

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes

Makes approx 15
(depending on how much batter is consumed before baking)

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups self raising flour
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Method

Preheat oven to 180*C. If making a cake size, grease and flour a 20cm baking tin, if cupcakes, then get your cases ready in the tray/s.
Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Whisk together until smooth.
Pour into patty cases, or tin, and bake for 15-20mins for cupcakes, or 35-40mins for a cake.
Leave to cool in tin for 10mins then remove.
Pour whatever delicious sauces, creams, ice creams you have on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment